May 12, 2012

When In Doubt, Eat A Doughnut!


           Last week, I met up with my good old friend Prince. I’ve known this guy for almost ten years and we’ve been pretty close for the past decade which is quite weird for a person like me with a general maximum people closeness timeline of only a semester. 

            What made us click then? I guess the occasional extreme civilized meanness, the liberal concepts we tend to intake every day and probably yes, the likelihood that we still choose to eat doughnuts while talking about the most serious crises a person could be facing ala Marie Antoinette (it’s just that they are doughnuts and not cakes!).

             So to pursue this whole little Antoine doughnut version thing, I dragged him to J. Co at SM Megamall. I first heard about this place on ANC’s Cityscape and I immediately envy Mr. Teddy Boy Locsin, Jr. when I saw him eating those doughnuts. Gah!  I told myself I should go there to sample a choice of cute sweetie treats and see this seriously.

Tada with this as you open the door! Cool artsy.
             I should have asked Prince to take a picture of my 'so excited to eat them all' face when we entered but he seemed preoccupied with asking me questions about the place, I deleted it in my thoughts...


PRINCE.
...and simply focused on what else?

Hidden Mickey doughnut trio: Avocado Dicaprio, Tiramisu, and Coco Loco


I originally ordered for the Coco Loco but I am totally amazed by the Avocado Dicaprio. LOOK AT THIS! 

Oozing with avocado!

Both Prince and I were convinced that Mr. Avocado was the winner among the three but when Glazzy doughnut came along with our Mochabella Frappe, we just died and gone straight to doughnut heaven! We didn't even bother to take a photo of it, well because it was already eaten.

Oh, there's Glazzy!
The Mochabella Frappe without Glazzy.

We spent two hours and a half there praising the goodies...we might really like their doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment